- Engine oil: 15-40 mineral oil
- Grease: general purpose lithium grease
- Hydraulic oil - iso 46 mineral
-Fuel is Diesel (red tank on 08/10)
-Inspect fasteners: lock tight & tighten / replace if required
- hydraulic system visual inspection
-Tension: typically 25mm of play in top track
-Clean tracks throughout daily use
- Avoid harsh turning and driving on demolition spoil
-Visual inspection for damage / worn tracks
Do not operate the machine until checks have been completed and any damage rectified!
-Daily checks complete?
-Site conditions safe to operate in?
-Wearing appropriate PPE?
-Turn DC isolator on
-Depress throttle button then gently lift until resistance is felt
- Turn ignition key no FOR NO LONGER THAN 2 SECOND intervals return to off position once engine has started DO NOT OVER CRANK
-Once running select appropriate rev range (low revs for smoother operation)
- Do not dismount with engine running
- During operation the hydraulic oil should not be allowed to rise above 75c. Stop and allow to cool if above 75c (red thermometer located on sight gauge)
- Park on level ground
- Fully lower hydraulic blade and boom
- Depress throttle button then gently lower until engine stops
-Turn DC isolator off
Machine end of use storage
-Wash off and grease
-Store machine undercover
-Store with rams retracted or greased where possible
-Dc isolator off
Mandatory 20 hour inspection
It is a statutory requirement that at 20 hours of operation the machine is taken out of service.
A comprehensive inspection of all fasteners, hydraulic hoses & threaded components must be undertaken.
Hydraulic hoses should be tightened until resistance is felt + 1/4 turn for a good mechanical fit.
Fasteners / threaded components where suspected to be loose must be disassembled thread lock applied and tightened until resistance is felt + 1/4 a turn for a good mechanical fit.
Engine oil and strainer replaced and cleaned at 50 hours and 200 hours thereafter (15-40 mineral oil)